Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Resilient Kids

Watching the RK videos, makes me believe that there is hope for the next generation. When I was in elementary school, middle school, and high school all my teachers would do one thing to get attention. Yell. If there were not yelling, there were making an example out of someone. That led to two or three days of detention. All yelling does is install fear not respect. The methods used with resident kids can be used on all levels. Youth of all ages experience stress. I think some adults tend to forget that. If we can incorporate methods like the methods used with resilient kids, we can lower the "truancy rate".

2 comments:

  1. I like your personal story and what you said about truancy rate. I agree with you on helping to lower the truancy rate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really agree about your experiences. I had a lot of teachers who's only response to children's excitement was to reprimand and that technique is just not effective, it never was and never will be. Youth that participate in organizations like Resilient Kids and Youth In Action are so lucky! I'm so jealous!

    ReplyDelete